Thursday, July 1, 2010

Body Peace .

i vow to, . .


-Remember that the sun will still rise tomorrow even if i had one too many slices of pizza or an extra scoop of ice cream tonight .
-Never blame my body for the bad day im having .
-Stop joining in when my friends compare and trash their own bodies .
-Never allow a dirty look from someone else to influence how i feel about my appearance .
-Quit judging a person solely by how his or her body looks — even if it seems harmless — because i'd never want anyone to do that to me .
-Notice all the amazing things my body is doing for me every moment i walk, talk, think, breathe, . .
-Quiet that negative little voice in my head when it starts to say mean things about my body that i'd never tolerate anyone else saying about me .
-Remind myself that what you see isn't always what you get on TV and in ads — it takes a lot of airbrushing, dieting, money, and work to look like that .
-Remember that even the girl who i'd swap bodies with in a minute has something about her looks that she hates .
-Respect my body by feeding it well, working up a sweat when it needs it, and knowing when to give it a break .
-Realize that the mirror can reflect only what's on the surface of me, not who i am inside .
-Know that im already beautiful just the way i am .






That is the Body Peace Treaty that Seventeen magazine avidly supports to encourage girls to stop bashing their bodies, and be healthy with who they are . i cannot stress how important this is; its about health, and ultimately, about confidence in yourself . Trust me, i know that as easy as it sounds, how hard it is to have confidence in yourself, and your body . Everyone finds flaws in themselves and instead of focusing on all of the amazing features they have, they stress over those flaws . They could be weight, height, acne, shape, anything . i've always been really hard on myself about my body, its brutal,..and pointless . if im not happy with myself, how could anyone else be ? lately though, i've been thinking about how i need to stop my negative attitude about myself . its not easy, i know . and i've seen absolutely beautiful girls become insecure all because of someone else bashing their body . i wont lie- girls are horribly mean, and especially when they're teenagers, they're horribly insecure . everyone wants to be skinny, and "pretty", but how can you classify what beauty is, when everyone else sees it differently ? of course, appearances mean everything in society and media, so everyone begins to get the same narrow approach at beauty through television and magazines . but why do we have to conform to that idea ? im beginning to feel VERY strongly about this issue, and i think im going to start finding ways to make a difference in this, hopefully learning to love myself in the process . if you want to learn more, or to sign the Body Peace Treaty- click on the link at the beginning of the blog, or go here- http://www.seventeen.com/health/tips/body-peace-nplp-0508





xx,
evan/ ♥

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home